Sustainable Florist Barometer
The Sustainable Florist Barometer is an independent and official certification, with which a florist shows that the range of flowers and plants and related products, as well as the
business operations in the shop, are sustainable. A florist can stand out and satisfy the increasing market demand for sustainability. For certification, a florist must meet a number of mandatory requirements and a minimum number of points that can be achieved through optional measures.
The themes discussed in the barometer are:
- Sustainable range of flowers and plants
- Waste (separation) and packaging
- Renewable energy and energy saving
- Environmentally friendly cleaning
- More sustainable transport and delivery
- Attention for employees
Here, a florist can achieve three levels: bronze, silver and gold.
At Dillewijn Zwapak, we like to help our customers to meet the requirements and go for gold. To make it easy for a florist, we indicate in our shops and web shop whether a product meets the requirements. For the current version of the Barometer (January 2020), with our range a florist can achieve points for the following components.
Three mandatory measures
- DP2 Sustainable floral foam
- VP 1 Sleeves and PP film
- VP 2 Chlorine-free paper
Four optional measures
- K-DP3 Biodegradable pots and vases
- K-DP4 Fair trade cut flower food
- K-VP1 Carrier bag raw materials
- K-VP2 Compostable carrier bags
You will find more information about the Barometer or the certification scheme on: